The default email address is the one to which all e-mails addressed to the domain name are routed to, that is even if we mistakenly entered the Email account at a domain, the default mail option will forward the Email to the default Email address.
It is also called catch-all-Email address.
The steps for setting a catch-all Email address is given below.
- Select the auto responders menu from the main screen of the cPanel interface.
2. From the drop-down menu that appears select the (sub)domain for which you would like to set up a default address for the account.
- Now there are various options.
To forward all unrouted mail to an email address, type in the address in the field.
To discard all unrouted mail with an error to the senders, type in the message which will be sent to the senders.
Advanced Options can be used to discard all unrouted mail, pipe it to a program or forward it to the system account.
- Click Change to apply and save the settings.
- Load Average on Linux and Unix-like Systems Explained - May 16, 2020
- How to Install Webmin on CentOS/RHEL 7/6/5 – Linux - May 16, 2020
- List addon domains, parked domains and sub domains via command line – cPanel - May 13, 2020