Today we discuss jQuery vs. AngularJS and which one is better. AngularJS is a MVVM framework and the jQuery is a library. The jQuery is included in Angular.js file. Then we can say that,we can use the jQuery functions and features within Angular.
So, using jQuery, we can:
- easy DOM traversal
- easily manipulate the contents of a webpage.
- effects and animation
- apply styles to make UI more attractive.
- simple to make AJAX calls
Advantages of jQuery
- Easy to learn, easy to use
- Browser Compatibility: jQuery support cross browser compatibility.
Disadvantages of jQuery:
- Not built for larger apps
- No out-of-the-box features to support development
AngularJS is best suited for the web application development . Angular is an open-source structural framework for web apps brought to us by Google, so it’s pretty solid on credentials. AngularJS is a great tool for building highly rich client-side web applications.
- Automatic DOM manipulation
- Tenacious Testing
- AngularJS provides data binding capability to HTML thus giving user a rich and responsive experience.
- AngularJS provides capability to create Single Page Application in a very clean and maintainable way.
- AngularJS uses dependency injection and make use of separation of concerns.
- AngularJS code is unit testable.
- With AngularJS, developer write less code and get more functionality.
- AngularJS provides reusable components.
- Steep learning curve
In comparison of features jQuery Vs AngularJS, AngularJS simply offers more features:
- MVC-based Pattern
- Two-Way data binding
- Server Communication
- Deep Linking
- Dependency Injection
- REST friendly
- Full Testing Environment
- Form Validation
As I said in the beginning, anything jQuery does, AngularJS can do better. If you can put in the time required to get a working knowledge, Angular is all you need for complex single-page web apps. If you need to get into specifics and do not mind the increased file size, a jQuery library with extensions can help develop well-performing simple round-trip apps.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.