We can develope website using static html or php or content management system like wordpress or php framework. Here I explain basic idea of wordpress, html, advantages and disadvantages of both.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a very good script to create a simple website. The wordpress is very useful and easy Content Management aSystem(CMS). It helps you to manage your website from a user friendly interface.
You can easily changes any corrections on your website from an admin panel which is quite easy to understand and can easy use.
The main difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com is that: The open source CMS is available only in wordpress.org and wordPress.com is a blog hosting service.
Benefits of Using WordPress
- Easy to Update – WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new blog posts, pages, images, etc. on a regular basis is a breeze and can be done quickly. Because the technology is so simple, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
- Professional Templates – There are hundreds of free templates are available, these free templates can use in your site. These themes are developed by professionals from all over the world.
- Very Powerful- WordPress provides all kinds of power with many free and premium plugins you can use to customize the look and function of your website. From reservations systems to contact forms, you can find a plugin for just about anything.
- Full control and Ownership – You use right hosting company for site host, you get to own the domain name, content and gain full control of your website.
- Manage Your Website from Any Computer- WordPress is browser-based. You can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your site.
- Have Multiple Users- The administator can set-up multiple users for the website and assign access levels and capabilities to each user.
- Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows- WordPress sites are very scalable. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the performance of the site will not be compromised in the least.
- Community- To have a useful support, there must be a large community of users, who will be a part of e.g. a discussion board.
- Plugins- There are thousands of free plugins are available with specify usage and how to use it.
- Menu management- WordPress menu management has extended functionalities, that can be modified to include categories, pages, etc.
Disadvantages of Using WordPress
- Modification requires knowledge of PHP- Operations like removing a date field requires some understanding of PHP language. It is the case for most of such modifications.
- SQL queries- Queries can be complex since all additional non-standard fields that make WordPress a CMS, require additional syntax.
- PHP security- The script is not protected as well as other applications. It all depends on how sesitive is the additional content of your page.
Advantages of a HTML Website
- Little to No Maintenance
- Low Requirements
Disadvantages of a HTML Website
- No Updates – It’s very hard to update.
- No Additional Features – You cannot simply add a plugin to get something new. It has to be coded into your website, which means you will need a developer.
What is Better? WordPress or HTML?
Now that we know the pros and cons of both WordPress and HTML websites. Let’s talk about which one is better for your business website. If you are certain that you will never want to change, update, or add anything new to your website, then by all means go for a HTML website. It will be faster and will serve your purpose.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.